AdWords
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

In regards to gclid:

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

In regards to gclid: on search I have no issues passing along the gclid partameter using gclid='XXXXXXX' . However on Adwords display this does not seem to work. If there a way to get the gclid into a subid field. Similar to doing {placement}?

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: In regards to gclid:

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Jacob E,

The gclid is produced by auto-tagging. It's not available as a Value Track. Could you describe the problem with a little more detail? How are you picking up the gclid value and what are you doing with it after that?

Auto-tagging is set at the account level, so it should be coming along with the AdWords click.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Re: In regards to gclid:

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
I got the issue fully sorted. What I need to do is track the gclid value without a conversion pixel and upload that value as an offline conversion so I can track exact placements that are converting along with demographics.

I was able to do this using the above called out like an Extension then going through a re-direct that captured the gclid value and assigned appended it at a tracking token to the end of the conversion. I know can track off line conversions really easily with out a pixel.