AdWords
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Improve results in general 2

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello AdWords PPL,

A) How does adwords social extensions and Google+ calculate  +1?

I believe that +1  from AdWords and Google+ are sumed and and the sumed result is shown on Google+ and AdWords Ad. Does +1 from Google+ and AdWords has influence on QS in AdWords?

B) I know that google can convert CPC to CPM, therefore CPC and CPM can be compete with each other. But there are more tipes of CPM (CPM, Effective CPM...) which can be use for conversion to CMC. Which CPM type is converted to CPC?

C) If display camping CTR is lower than search camping. How the display campaing can affect the search camping QS?

Thank you.

- Lukas
1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lukas Melichar
September 2015

Re: Improve results in general 2

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Lukas,

As per my understanding, I will try to provide my feedback on your queries:

A) How does adwords social extensions and Google+ calculate  +1? 

+1s are shown in 2 ways i.e. personal annotation where if someone in your circle has +1 your page, you will see the name of that person or others who did that. Secondly is the generic one where you will simply see how many people have +1 in general for your landing page or G+ page. As per the last update from Google in October 2013, the Ad Rank does take into consideration the impact of ad extensions in general, but it is not specific to social extensions. http://adwords.blogspot.com/2013/10/improving-ad-rank.html

B) I know that google can convert CPC to CPM:

Here's what Google has to say when how CPM and CPC bids compete during an ad auction process:

CPM.png

More details here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2630842?hl=en

C) If display camping CTR is lower than search camping. How the display campaing can affect the search camping QS?

In general the tendency of Display Network is that it tends to have low CTR compared to the Search network. Quality Score on both the networks are calculated differently, so as per my understanding, they are independent of each other, when you talk about Search and Display Networks. That's my interpretation.

My thoughts!

Pankaj

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Pankaj, thank you for your answers.
- Lukas

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor