AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Impressions on Display GDN

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I set up a remarketing campaign based on a remarketing list and duplicating the settings of an old long running campaign.  Both campaigns have the same remarketing lists and other settings like language and geo-targetting, both have 1 ad group.  Only the bid of the new one is 10% lower, but there still is some margin, so the the average CPC is lower than max. The thing is that despite forecasted 2,5-3 mln impressions the new campaign obtains only between 10-28 K impr, whereas the old one 40-56 K. Can that be due to the fact the new one is on Managed Placements? I copied placements from the old campaign though and the number of placements in the new one is actually higher than automatic placements in th old one.  Image ads numbers are very similar, all sizes... Anybody has a clue what the reason may be?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Impressions on Display GDN

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

As per my understanding, the old campaign was already established and would have accumulated more strong stats as compared to the one you created similar to that campaign.

One thing wondering to me is why you created a similar or rather a duplicate Remarketing campaign when the one was already running. You could have tried a new one using custom combination list OR some other remarketing lists which you haven't tested in the original campaign. You could also have excluded the original list to make sure that the flow of traffic remain smooth for First and the Second Remarketing campaign.

Also note that during the ad auction process only one ad would be allowed to trigger on single placement per account basis and that ad might get triggered from either your old remarketing campaign or the new one depending upon ad rank and various other factors since you said that the second one is a duplicate of first campaign.

I would suggest you to read Remarketing strategies here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2476691?hl=en

My Thoughts!

Pankaj

Re: Impressions on Display GDN

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Pankaj,

Thanks o lot for your input! Good points about the auction...that makes me rethink the placements- maybe use only well converting ones?
The reason behind the setup of a duplicate campaign was to easier control the promo campaign on remarketing and separate it from the plain remarketing. I'm trying with the placements, automatic vs managed. Maybe that will make the difference?