AdWords
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Impressions is zero still getting search impression share

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Team,

We are fetching performance metric at the campaign and AdGropu level. We found that impressions is zero,  still we are getting search impression share more than zero.

But according to docs:

Search impression share: The impressions you’ve received on the Search Network divided by the estimated number of impressions you were eligible to receive.

So, may we know how we are getting search impression share when the Impressions we get is zero.

Thanks

Ankit

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Impressions is zero still getting search impression share

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Ankit,

It could be a time lag issue here in case you are trying to fetch the most recent data. Data freshness plays a crucial role since most of the stats are delayed by less than 3 hrs. Here are more details:- https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2544985?hl=en

My suggestion would be to look at the old data and then map it back to your metrics.

Pankaj

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Ankit,

This is likely a mix of lag plus the calculations used for Search Impression Share. Do you have anything for Exact Match Impression Share too?

Ali

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Syme,

Yes I am getting some values for Exact Match Impression Share too.

Regards,
Ankit

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Are you able to screenshare the view of the Ad Group?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Pankaj,

This is the data of Jan 2016. So, it should be zero when impressions are zero, but I am getting search Impression share without any impression.

Regards,
Ankit