AdWords
3.9K members online now
3.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Impression share lost due to rank but average position increased

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

In one of the accounts I am managing I was comparing two equal periods and noticed that we spent less budget. I went to look for answers to IS lost due to budget and there was a decrease, in IS lost due to rank however it was an increase. Our average position increased and amount of keywords below first page bid is only 1% of all keywords. I was hoping to get an answer from auction insights, but I could see that all competitors reduced their impression shares whilst we maintaining the same level, but the most interesting part is that our top of the page has increased by 30% where competitors dropped of and we are outranking them more frequently. I am a little confused and not sure how to explain IS lost due to rank in this circumstances. Could anyone bring some insights?

Kind Regards,

Maks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Impression share lost due to rank but average position increased

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

What about  search exact IS? - In my view, this is a better metric than the "search IS" to reflect performance;

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’