AdWords
5.8K members online now
5.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Impression Share @ keyword level

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I would like to see impression share at a keyword level to see how often i am appearing on my important keywords. Is this possible? I see impression share only at the ad group level at the moment.

Also, impression share in the help talks about "the number of impression i am eligible to receive" does eligible simply mean i made a bid and and that there was a search of the keyword on which i am bidding by a user which corresponds to my targeting settings?

Thanks,

cormac

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Impression Share @ keyword level

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi cormac,

You are correct. The stats for Impression Share are currently available at the ad group level and not beyond that (i.e keyword level.) But there are some huge changes coming around this competitive metric reporting. Read the latest about it in official blog announcement.

About the second part, if you happen to explore the help center article, it clearly says that:

Eligibility is based on your current ads' targeting settings, approval statuses, bids, and Quality Scores.

So, you are right upto certain extent but there are additional factors also which count towards this metric.

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi cormac,

You are correct. The stats for Impression Share are currently available at the ad group level and not beyond that (i.e keyword level.) But there are some huge changes coming around this competitive metric reporting. Read the latest about it in official blog announcement.

About the second part, if you happen to explore the help center article, it clearly says that:

Eligibility is based on your current ads' targeting settings, approval statuses, bids, and Quality Scores.

So, you are right upto certain extent but there are additional factors also which count towards this metric.

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Cormac,

There is a way of seeing the impression share at a keyword level but it's extremely manual and you can only see one keyword at a time.

Go to the keyword tab, select the kw that you want to see the IS, click "Keyword Details" and "Auction Insights"

There you will see a column with the kw's IS.

Hope it helps,

Pedro