AdWords
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Importing offline conversions with GCLID, lacking some keyword data

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, all!

I've importing our student enrollments as offline conversions (utilising GCLID codes) for the last several months.

To date, I've uploaded 39 but some of these were outwith the 90 day click-to-conversion sales cycle, so Adwords has accepted 31 in total.

When I run a converted keyword report for All Time, I get a total of 24 keywords. I'm not sure what would account for the discrepancies in this data -- shouldn't I get 31 keywords to review?

Any ideas?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Importing offline conversions with GCLID, lacking some keyword dat

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Colleen,

Isn't it possible, the same keyword converted multiple times?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi there, that's absolutely right! In fact, I got 22 keywords but two of these had converted twice, so it made a total of 24. No idea where the other keywords have gone, unfortunately!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi

Are you using a single conversion action or multiple?

If you have multiple conversion actions, you may be watching only one segment of available conversion data.

Just a possibility - Please read under - More about imports - Viewing your imported conversions in Adwords - See how performance varies by conversion type

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2998031?hl=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi again,

I referred to that section to pull the report....I usually focus on Converted Clicks rather than Conversions, but I added the Conversions column in order to pull the report as described in that section.

In Excel, I filtered down to Student Enrollments and just looked at that data. Did I do something wrong during this process? I don't entirely follow what you mean about only looking at one segment of the data.

Thanks again!

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi Colleen,

With 'segment' I was referring to different types of conversions.

Are you tracking different types of conversions currently?

Like Conversion Type 1. Enrollment registration

Type 2. Email subscription

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Colleen,

Are you running any campaigns other than search? Could it be that some conversions came through as display? If so, I would still think that you would see (none) or something along those lines but it would likely depend on how it was pulled into your back-end system and then re-uploaded.

Are all of the keywords included in the original file that you are trying to upload or were they never passed through from GA in the first place?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes, I am tracking various other conversions like application forms, live chat etc. -- but I think I'm filtering correctly to the data I need to only look at the actual student enrollments that I've uploaded into the system, if you see what I mean. All of the other Conversion names like Contact form aren't anything that I have to upload.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Amy, I'm uploading our Closed Won leads from Salesforce, so no keywords are included in the original file. I upload the GCLID codes and conversion dates and then Adwords allows me to download their conversion path (keyword, adgroup, campaign).

I'm currently only running a single Display campaign (Remarketing) and a few Video Remarketing campaigns. Thus far, I don't have any Student Enrollments which are attributed to those campaigns, which is quite strange. As you say, I would imagine that the system would let me download the basic information (Remarketing) without any keywords, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I know that my Brand campaign gets a lot of last-click attribution for driving new enrollments, so I would've thought that Remarketing would work similarly. Of course, it's possible that Remarketing just isn't converting for us but if it ISN'T working, I'm really not too sure why!