AdWords
1.4K members online now
1.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Importing Call Conversions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6301373?hl=en&ref_topic=7280668

Hello, as stated in this help guide, I need to have google forwarding numbers activated for me to track calls?

And when I try to import the call conversions with the numbers(these come from Salesforce), the upload shows errors  because GCLID is missing. But the template for importing calls have no GCLID column. What would be the problem?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Importing Call Conversions

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Cedric!

In order to use standard call conversion tracking, you will have to use a Google Forwarding Number.

However, if you wish to import offline call conversions using Salesforce, there are some extra steps of setup that will facilitate Salesforce to recognise that the click came from AdWords (i.e. the GCLID), as well as some changes that you will have to make to your website code. These are outlined in detail in this guide.

You can then import these conversions either automatically (by linking your AdWords and Salesforce accounts) or manually. As long as the GCLID setup is done in Salesforce and on your website, you should be able to import it without any issues.

Hope this helps!

Best,

Varsha