AdWords
6.2K members online now
6.2K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Importing Analytics Goals and Transactions to AdWords Conversion Tracking

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi !

I am currently trying to import my analytics goals to my adwords account.

I have done everything requested so far:

1. Linked your AdWords and Google Analytics accounts
  2. Enabled Data Sharing with other products
  3. Enabled auto-tagging in your AdWords account
  4. Make sure the email address used to set up my analytics account has been added as administrator of my adwords account and vice versa.

However, the "import from google analytics" button under the conversions page of adwords does not show the conversions I would like to add (only old conversions that seems impossible to delete, only to disable, if someone has a solution that would be great Smiley Happy ).

I have read on google forums that:

"In your AdWords account, open the Conversion Tracking page. There is a message alerting you that you can link your goals and transactions. Note that it may take up to two weeks for AdWords to import your Analytics data."

Does it takes two weeks for the goals to appear in the conversion tracking page or to the data to be imported once I clicked on "import from google analytics" ??

Thanks for your help!

C.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Karl (Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆)
September 2015

Re: Importing Analytics Goals and Transactions to AdWords Conversion Tracking

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
My experience is that once you link the two the data will come through very soon and be updated in approx 3 hour rotations. However I usually just look at yesterdays data as the earliest numbers to analyze to be safe. I have seen the two week delay between linking GA and adwords and then the "import goals from analytics" button to go from greyed out (as in not clickable) to a clickable button that initiates the goal import process.

Hope that helps.

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Clink Digital Marketing
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Karl (Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
My experience is that once you link the two the data will come through very soon and be updated in approx 3 hour rotations. However I usually just look at yesterdays data as the earliest numbers to analyze to be safe. I have seen the two week delay between linking GA and adwords and then the "import goals from analytics" button to go from greyed out (as in not clickable) to a clickable button that initiates the goal import process.

Hope that helps.

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Clink Digital Marketing
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Kim,

Thanks for your answer. I should wait for 2 weeks to have the new conversions available for import from google analytics then.

Hope that will work, I will keep you updated.
Thanks a lot for your help!

C.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am having another problem, my analytics and adwords accounts are linked, but on analytics, all the details about the adword campaign (keywords etc) appear as "not set".

Any ideas why ?

Thanks!

C.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hey C,

You probably just need to turn on auto tagging.  See the MY ACCOUNT tab and PREFERENCES and look for the auto tagging section and then make sure it is set to YES.  Once the auto tagging is on the traffic via adwords will be recognized and should appear as adwords traffic in analytics.

Let me know how it goes!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Kim,
Yes, auto tagging is turned on. Cost sources on analytics also.

Can the problem come from the fact that I have linked one analytics account which have 2 properties (2 domain names) to 1 adwords account with 2 campaigns using a different URL ?

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

yup that would be a problem.  How would GA know what to do with the data from two sources.....

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

humm.. thats right...

But does this mean that linking my analytics goals to adwords will not work ?

That should not be a problem right ?

I still have to wait for 2 weeks before knowing if I will be able to import the goals from analytics... thats so long Smiley Sad

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Some of my conversions have started appearing on adwords today! Not all of them though, hope they will follow soon.

Thanks for your help Kim! Smiley Happy

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor
Anytime C!

Let us know how it goes.