AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Importing Analytics Conversion in Adwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to import my goals from analytics. I have linked the accounts enabled auto-tagging and when I go to conversions within adwords it does not allow the option to import.

Can you please give me insight to what is going wrong.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Karl (Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆)
September 2015

Re: Importing Analytics Conversion in Adwords

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

If you have your analytics goals all set up, it may take at least one adwords traffic source goal completion, and at least 24 hours to be able to import the goal as a conversion. When it is available you will see a yellow speech box in the conversions tab letting you know it's ready to be imported. We just set up a goal on Monday, and late in the day yesterday it was eligible to be imported. Honestly, there were only a few conversions from adwords, so it shouldn't take much data.

Also, once you import the goal as a conversion, there is typically a 48 hour delay in reporting the goal completions as conversions in the UI. The analytics goals will report in analytics real time, but you ususally have to go back two days to get the conversin data in the UI. So, once the goals are imported, don't be surprised if you still see "no conversions in last 30 days" for that imported goal for another 48 hours, even if the goals are reporting in analytics.

I love being able to input a goal value in analytics, then have the total conv. value column in the UI. It makes the ROAS formula so easy to see. Cost and revenue right next to each other - Awesome! Ecommerce is more accurate, but you can't import the ecommerce values into the UI. I'm rambling now... Smiley Happy

Tom

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

Did any visitor reach a goal yet?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Karl (Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆)
September 2015

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

If you have your analytics goals all set up, it may take at least one adwords traffic source goal completion, and at least 24 hours to be able to import the goal as a conversion. When it is available you will see a yellow speech box in the conversions tab letting you know it's ready to be imported. We just set up a goal on Monday, and late in the day yesterday it was eligible to be imported. Honestly, there were only a few conversions from adwords, so it shouldn't take much data.

Also, once you import the goal as a conversion, there is typically a 48 hour delay in reporting the goal completions as conversions in the UI. The analytics goals will report in analytics real time, but you ususally have to go back two days to get the conversin data in the UI. So, once the goals are imported, don't be surprised if you still see "no conversions in last 30 days" for that imported goal for another 48 hours, even if the goals are reporting in analytics.

I love being able to input a goal value in analytics, then have the total conv. value column in the UI. It makes the ROAS formula so easy to see. Cost and revenue right next to each other - Awesome! Ecommerce is more accurate, but you can't import the ecommerce values into the UI. I'm rambling now... Smiley Happy

Tom