AdWords
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Imported Goals in AdWords not working

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I created goals in Analytics and imported them into AdWords, goals are counted in Analytics but doesn't show up in AdWords.

Any idea what could be wrong here?

Thanks!

Phil

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Imported Goals in AdWords not working

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hey Phil,

When did you actually imported the goals because it generally takes sometime before the goals are shown as in Google AdWords.

I hope that you have done the basics correct i.e. linked AdWords with correct analytics profile, have enabled auto tagging and also enabled data sharing with other Google Products option.

You can find more details around this here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375435?hl=en

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Pankaj,

The basics are covered.

1- AdWords is linked to the right Analytics profile and view
2- Auto tagging is enabled
3- Data sharing is enabled

I activated the conversion a bit more than 24 hours ago. I guess this may be the issue here. I'll check again tomorrow.

Thanks again!

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Phil,

Pankaj is correct - it can take some time for conversions to import. Plus, it won't back-fill historical data so it will only pull in future conversions.

Good lukc!

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star
Hi Phil,

As Pankaj & Amy rightly suggested this may be an issue because of the time lag post the conversions being imported in AdWords. In the meanwhile, can I suggest you running a test conversion on your website post an ad click to check if this problem still persists.

I understand that this conversion will reflect in your AdWords data but atleast you will be assured of the fact that there is no error in implementing the conversion on your part.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
So the issue is partly fixed.

I have an event set as a goal that is also used as a conversion. That one is tracking well.

Three other goals that are basically tracking hits on thank you pages are properly tracked as goals in Analytics but no data is not transferred over to AdWords so no conversions.

I can see the conversions are using Analytics' goals though.

Any of you guys have an idea why?

Thanks

Phil