AdWords
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Import data to Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi is it possible to import extrenal data (CSV) into Analytics and then use this to setup a goal. I want to be able to integrate phone lead data into our reporting.

Many Thanks

Sean

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Jon_Gritton (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Import data to Analytics

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Sean,

It's not possible to load up your csv into Analytics. 

Even in theory it wouldn't be possible to do unless you could attribute your phone calls to the traffic data Google Analytics is collecting. Google Analytics does allow you to upload cost data for other online marketing channels that you're tracking but this is only done via API. 

You could do some crazy stuff with custom variables as a work around but I would highly advise against that as it's likely not going to be worth the time.

If this is a critical item for you I'd suggest one of three things:

1) Download your Analytics information as a csv and analyze via a spreadsheet

2) Download your Analytics information via API automatically into any business dashboards you're using

3) Use a call tracking software like Call Rail or Mongoose Call Tracking. Both of which can push your phone calls into Analytics as a goal completion. 

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author NationwideSean
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Many Thanks for your reply

I am seeing a demo today re call tracking software so will pursue this line

Thx

Sean

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Jon_Gritton (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Sean,

It's not possible to load up your csv into Analytics. 

Even in theory it wouldn't be possible to do unless you could attribute your phone calls to the traffic data Google Analytics is collecting. Google Analytics does allow you to upload cost data for other online marketing channels that you're tracking but this is only done via API. 

You could do some crazy stuff with custom variables as a work around but I would highly advise against that as it's likely not going to be worth the time.

If this is a critical item for you I'd suggest one of three things:

1) Download your Analytics information as a csv and analyze via a spreadsheet

2) Download your Analytics information via API automatically into any business dashboards you're using

3) Use a call tracking software like Call Rail or Mongoose Call Tracking. Both of which can push your phone calls into Analytics as a goal completion. 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author NationwideSean
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Many Thanks for your reply

I am seeing a demo today re call tracking software so will pursue this line

Thx

Sean