AdWords
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Import Analytics Goals into AdWords Option Not Appearing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, 

I'm having a problem with one of my AdWords accounts and importing goals from Google Analytics. The AdWords account is linked in Analytics, auto-tagging is enabled, the data sharing option is enabled, and there's data coming from AdWords into Analytics. However, when I go to the "conversions" page in the AdWords account, the import goals from Analytics option is not appearing. Additionally, when I go to the "linked accounts" settings in the AdWords account, I'm getting a message that says, "None of your views are available for linking due to your account settings."

Is there something I'm missing here? I've verified all of the settings over and over again per Google's help documents. 

Thanks for the help! 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Wes M
September 2015

Re: Import Analytics Goals into AdWords Option Not Appearing

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Wes,

These issues can be tough sometimes without seeing what's happening but I have a couple of ideas.

First, are you accessing the adwords and analytics account with the same login ID? I know that my MCC login is generally not the ID that I'm granted access to in GA and this causes a number of problems for me.

Also, double check in GA - Admin > Product Linking > AdWords Linking - I've missed that step myself a few times.

Also, there is a new iteration of the 'Conversions' page being slowly rolled out in AdWords - you can see a discussion about the 'missing import button' here: https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Tracking-Reporting/Don-t-have-option-to-quot-Import-from-Goo...

Essentially, in the updated UI, the Goals Import is achieved by clicking Google Analytics in the left hand navigation from the Conversions page.

Let me know how this goes for you.

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Wes M
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Wes,

These issues can be tough sometimes without seeing what's happening but I have a couple of ideas.

First, are you accessing the adwords and analytics account with the same login ID? I know that my MCC login is generally not the ID that I'm granted access to in GA and this causes a number of problems for me.

Also, double check in GA - Admin > Product Linking > AdWords Linking - I've missed that step myself a few times.

Also, there is a new iteration of the 'Conversions' page being slowly rolled out in AdWords - you can see a discussion about the 'missing import button' here: https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Tracking-Reporting/Don-t-have-option-to-quot-Import-from-Goo...

Essentially, in the updated UI, the Goals Import is achieved by clicking Google Analytics in the left hand navigation from the Conversions page.

Let me know how this goes for you.

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you so much for the help.

I checked everything you had mentioned. I am using the same email to log into both (the MCC email). I did notice, though, that I didn't have a selected view under linked views. This allowed me to add the view to see user engagement metrics in AdWords. Could that have been the problem? I'll give it some time before I try to troubleshoot more.

My accounts haven't shown the new layout that resembles the screenshot in the linked thread. But thank you for the resource!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
This was the problem. It's fixed.