AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Impact of All Conversions or Unique Conversions On Converted Clicks?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Using Adwords Conversion tracking, Does Setting Count to All Conversions or Unique Conversions Have any impact on Converted Clicks metrics?

Reading the documentation, I'm pretty sure the answer is that the count setting allies to "Conversions" metric and has no impact on "Converted Clicks" metric.

If you use a bid strategy focused on conversions, such as Enhanced CPC or Target CPA, your conversion counting settings will only be used for bidding if your conversion bid metric is set to "Conversions." If you set your conversion bid metric to "Converted clicks," your counting setting won't affect automated bidding because it doesn't change the counting of converted clicks.

Just want to make sure my understanding is correct.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Craig B (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Impact of All Conversions or Unique Conversions On Converted Click

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee
Hello Jarad,

My name is Craig from Google AdWords and I am happy to provide you with some assistance regarding All Conversions versus Unique Conversions. It may be best to simply this by giving you an example. If a user clicks on your ad, makes a purchase, and then comes back to your site later and makes another purchase, in AdWords that will register as one converted click and either two conversions (if counting all conversions) or one conversion (if counting only unique conversions). This is why it is recommended to select All Conversions for sales and Unique Conversions for leads. In summary, the All Conversions and Unique Conversion values will only impact the Conversions column. I hope this is helpful and let me know if you need any further clarification!

Best,

Craig B.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hmm... This is interesting,... The language of the documentation is indeed ambiguous. I will escalate to Google and ask to clarify.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Craig B (Google Employee)
September 2015

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee
Hello Jarad,

My name is Craig from Google AdWords and I am happy to provide you with some assistance regarding All Conversions versus Unique Conversions. It may be best to simply this by giving you an example. If a user clicks on your ad, makes a purchase, and then comes back to your site later and makes another purchase, in AdWords that will register as one converted click and either two conversions (if counting all conversions) or one conversion (if counting only unique conversions). This is why it is recommended to select All Conversions for sales and Unique Conversions for leads. In summary, the All Conversions and Unique Conversion values will only impact the Conversions column. I hope this is helpful and let me know if you need any further clarification!

Best,

Craig B.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@craig 

Thanks for clarifying. 

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Craig for the clarification. All Conversions and Unique Conversions settings will only impact the "Conversions" column and doesn't affect "Converted Clicks". Essentially the Count feature only applies to "Conversions" (formerly known as Many-per-click). Understood.

This will be helpful for my understanding going forward.

Thanks MosheTLV as well for sharing my same confusion and helping out.