AdWords
1.3K members online now
1.3K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Imp/Click/Assisted Conv - Explanation & Discussion

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi everyone,

I'm a little confused about how to report assisted conversions to my client. If my PPC account is getting some extra conversions with the use of attribution through imp/click assisted conversions then it makes sense to let the client know about them.  My only worry is reporting more conversions than the account actually got.

To make this easy for me to understand, could someone please let me know what are the total number of conversions in the below scenario please?  if I only have the following 2 campaigns in my account...

campaign 1

conversions                                              10

Impressions assisted conversions         5

click assisted conversions                       1

campaign 2

conversions                                               5

Impressions assisted conversions         3

click assisted conversions                       2

Would I be correct in saying that the account got 26 conversions (totalling everything up) or would it be correct to say that the client's PPC account was responsible for 23 conversions (totalling up everything but the clicks assisted conversions)? Or are both of these figures wrong?

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Imp/Click/Assisted Conv - Explanation & Discussion

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
OK. So I've been doing some research and I've found out that I shouldn't be including click assisted conversions in my report because click assisted conversions are conversions that are not the last click so they will already be included within the conversions column for a different keyword.

My confusion is whether impression assisted conversions are included somewhere within the overall conversion In the conversions column Would I be right in thinking that an impression assisted conversion can broadly be one of 2 scenarios:

1. Our ad was shown but not clicked. Then the user typed in something else which showed ad again (through a different keyword) and converted. the first keyword got the impressions assisted conversion and the second one got the last click conversion

2. Our ad was shown but not clicked. Then the user converted through a non Adwords medium. the keyword that triggered the ad (but didn't get a click) gets an impression assisted conversion.

Is this understanding of Impression assisted conversions correct?

Thanks

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Yes your understanding is correct. Also in the first example the total number of conversions is 15 from both the campaigns. That is the final number you should be using for reporting in client level,

Also i would suggest you to check attribute modeling ( Earlier search funnels) in order to have a clear idea about assisted conversions. If you need any help on that pls dont hesitate to mention here, I will be able to help you.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Nisa, thanks for the help. It's really appreciated. can you show me how to check earlier search funnels please?

Thanks

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star
Hi.

I'm sorry if i confused you. U can click on tools and attribution models to above mentioned details. You can read here more https://www.thinkwithgoogle.com/products/adwords-search-funnels.html

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanka fir sending over the link. I think I understand now. :-)

Rising Star
# 7
Rising Star
glad it helped Smiley Happy