AdWords
4K members online now
4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

If my click is 0, what is my average CPC?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

If my click is 0, what is my average CPC? 

Also, if my conversion is 0, does that mean my cost per conversion (CPA) is also 0?

Thanks,

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: If my click is 0, what is my average CPC?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Elizabeth L,

If you are bidding CPC and not CPM and you have 0 clicks, you are not charged anything. Your average CPC is 0, but that's fairly meaningless since you have no clicks.

Same is true for CPA. If you have no conversions, Google can't calculate the CPA. That does not necessarily mean you have spent no money on no conversions. You need clicks before you can get conversions.

Both of these should happen only when you first start a campaign. If the campaign remains at zero clicks and zero conversions, there's something wrong with your campaign. Are you getting impressions but no clicks?

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Pete,

Thanks for your detailed response. It is my first campaign. How is cost per conversion calculated?

Just like you said, Google can't calculate the CPA since I have no conversion but I might still be spending money on those keywords. How do I find out how much I'm spending even though I have no conversion? I

I'm getting impressions but no clicks. How can I fix this?

There are some keywords where I'm getting clicks but no conversions. How can I find the root of the problem?

Thanks,

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Elizabeth L,

Th AdWords UI will tell you how much you are spending. You can get the total of all campaigns on the campaign tab, the total of all keywords on the keywords tab.

When you get impressions but no clicks, it can be either a poor choice of keywords or the ad copy is either not compelling or not appropriate for the keyword. In some cases, you can split your ad group up by theme so you can write ads more closely related to the keywords. Look at the ad relevance using the bubble tool on each keyword. That will tell you whether the keyword/ad combination is working for you. Average or above average is ok, below average is bad. Relevance, for Google, directly relates to CTR, measuring relevance to the user.

If you are getting clicks but no conversions, the problem could be your keyword choice, the ad copy, or the landing page. If your ad promises something your landing page does not deliver you will have trouble with conversions. Try to make your landing pages directly related to your keywords and ad copy.

The best way to find the root of the problem is to test, evaluate, update, then do it again and again.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords