AdWords
6.5K members online now
6.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

If I mporting Goals from GA-Analytics and using Adwords Conversation Tracking at same time

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi!

I use Adwords conversation tracking and Google Analytics Goals at the same time to track my conversations. What will happen if I also import my GA-Goals into Google Adwords? Will Adwords shop the wrong number of conversations for like GA-Goals+Adwords-Conversation=Will show twice as much conversation in Adwords?

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sadjad J
February 2017

If I mporting Goals from GA-Analytics and using Adwords Conversation Tracking at same time

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Yes - these two types of conversions are independent of one another so if you use both Adwords will count two conversions when there is in fact only one. 

As a result any cost per conversion data is going to be half the true number.

you can segment the data by conversion name (provided you have the Conversions column activated) and that will give you the numbers for each - although if they are both working correctly they should match.

Personally, I find the GA goals much more useful - and tend to use those rather than the AdWords conversions. Using only one is less misleading.