AdWords
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

If I am running a lightbox ad with a video and a map, what actions do I pay for?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

If my lightbox ad has a video and display, what actions will i be charged for under a Cost Per Engagement cost structure? If the same user watches the video and then clicks Get Directions, will I be charged for each of these 'engagements'?

1 Expert replyverified_user

If I am running a lightbox ad with a video and a map, what actions do I pay for?

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi Davis,

Thanks for posting to the Community! Have you taken a look at this page about Lightbox ads on the AdWords Help Center? It details the ways a user can engage with your ad and which of those you will be charged for (at the very bottom of the linked article).

Beyond this there are also some "free clicks" that you can potentially benefit from with a lightbox ad. 

So whether you are charged for a click on your directions, for example, would depend on the type of lightbox ad you're using--something pre-expanded would typically count that as an engagement, while an ad that needs to be expanded in order to be viewed may count that subsequent click as a "free click."