AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Identity leads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Friends, i have some issue with my conversion lead. i got 50 mail in my inbox per day. but which one is organic lead or  inorganic lead ?

how can identity leads?

Please help & suggest me what ido?

Thanks

Kumar

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Identity leads

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Kumar,

I'm afraid you'll have to set up Conversion Tracking. Start reading your homework here:

*** Conversion Tracking

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=6308

Best,

Lakatos

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Kumar,

I'm afraid you'll have to set up Conversion Tracking. Start reading your homework here:

*** Conversion Tracking

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=6308

Best,

Lakatos

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Lakatos,

Thanks for advice. i already setup Conversion Tracking Code and leads are showing here.
But some mail are same time and same place. I got it. So how can identity leads and which particular lead is organic search or inorganic search.

Thanks
Kumar

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Kumar,

AdWords will not provide individual data on clicks or visits. This is something you 'll need to do yourself. It's not horribly complicated, but it is non-trivial. Basically, you need to identify the AdWords visits when they first hit your site from an AdWords click. Look for the presence of a gclid in the query string. If one exists, that's an AdWords visit (you do have auto-taggin enabled, right?)

If the lead form is on the landing page, just have a piece of Javascript on the page that checks for the gclid value, and then set a hidden input field with a value that indicates it and adwords visit. You can then include that information in your email. If the email is generated on the server-side, that script can check for the gclid value in the referrer data.

If the lead form is not on the landing page, you'll need to set a cookie for your site that indicates this was an AdWords visit. Then read the cookie when the form is submitted.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords