AdWords
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

I want to track the conversion in my second website

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have two own website abcd.com related to flight booking & 1234.com related to hotel booking. I want to track the flight booked visitors from abcd.com and i am using re marketing code in flight booking to track visitors & i want to send them to see my hotel booking website to purchase hotel rooms. So here, i have doubt on below track. Is possible ? i want to track the conversion happening in hotel website 1234.com from only re marketing display ads click...

Remarketing Code in - abcd.com
Tracking visitors from - abcd.com
Showing ads with link to - 1234.com
Increasing Booking in - 1234.com
Purchase done in - 1234.com
Conversion tracking code in - 1234.com

abcd.com & 1234.com are my own website & have all access to edit.

Is it work ? or please suggest me a better way to implement this tracking flow.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: I want to track the conversion in my second website

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Karthik,

Great question!

I assume that you're using a single AdWords account. If you're using multiple AdWords accounts, let me know, as that would change the answer.

Tracking these conversions should be pretty easy. All you need to do is create a conversion action in your AdWords account and have it fired when people make a purchase on 1234.com. The easiest way to do that is typically to install the code on the thank-you/confirmation page people reach after booking a hotel.

When people click your remarketing ads and then fire that conversion tracking on 1234.com, Google will record a conversion in AdWords and will attribute it to the remarketing campaign, assuming that you're using last-click attribution, which most people still do.

I hope that helps!

John

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi John... Helpful Response..

Thanks a lot for an answer. I understood that re-marketing click will fire that conversion on 1234.com. Another question, if the users done any other booking on 1234.com without re-marketing ad click, then it also added as conversion count ?? Just i want to confirmation about this on my mind.

Thanks in Advance.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Karthik S
August 2016

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hi Karthik,

I'm glad my answer was helpful.

AdWords will only record conversions from people who previously clicked one of your ads. AdWords will not record conversions from people who didn't click one of your ads (for example, people who found you Organically, or clicked a link from another site to access your site).

You could use Google Analytics to record all bookings and see from which sources they come.

Best,

John

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey John !!

Thank you so much for your kind replies and i felt happy in your solution. I will try my best way to make your solution in successful way !! Please keep in touch. I will come up with some queries soon !

Thank again
Karthik