AdWords
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

I want to track a conversion that triggers an automated e-mail.How?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I want to track a conversion that triggers an automated e-mail to me, but I don't know where the code snippet should go?

Normally I would plug it in a thank you page, but in this case there is not one. The client gets taken to a page that can not be pre-defined (basically the action results in a new web domain being spun-up for them). We do get an e-mail, but I don't know how or where the code snippet could work for tracking the action. Any help most gratefully recieved.

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by pankaj1782 (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: I want to track a conversion that triggers an automated e-mail.How

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

One way to do this would be to make clicking the send button an event in Analytics - once you've configured the event as a goal you will then be able to import that as a conversion in Adwords.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome,

In addition, I would also encourage you to read this informative thread where TC Pete has given his views addressing the scenario of tracking conversions without any thank you page:

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Measure-results/conversion-tracking-with-no-thank-you-page/m...

Hope you find it useful too!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

One way to do this would be to make clicking the send button an event in Analytics - once you've configured the event as a goal you will then be able to import that as a conversion in Adwords.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome,

In addition, I would also encourage you to read this informative thread where TC Pete has given his views addressing the scenario of tracking conversions without any thank you page:

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Measure-results/conversion-tracking-with-no-thank-you-page/m...

Hope you find it useful too!

Pankaj