AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

I need to ad a lead source to my URL string, how and where do I place it?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am using manuel tracking codes to deliver information to GA. We would like to run a leadsource code along with the URL. which is: ?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=android&utm_campaign=US_Branded_Display, how & where would I add the new code?  leadsource=10194

Thanks

~allears

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Kim_Clink (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: I need to ad a lead source to my URL string, how and where do I place it?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Paul,

If you are doing this taggng just for GA, may I suggest simply linking your GA account to your AdWords account and having auto tagging switched on. Heres how to to this:
http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1704341

If you go ahead with this, tag your URL with your lead source number and for the AdWords part of the tagging leave auto tagging on...

This gives you a lot more data than your tagging would give.

If you still want to go ahead with your tagging, you need to append leadsource=10194 to the end of your URL like this:
?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=android&utm_campaign=US_Branded_Display&leadsource=10194
Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Kim_Clink (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: I need to ad a lead source to my URL string, how and where do I place it?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Paul,

If you are doing this taggng just for GA, may I suggest simply linking your GA account to your AdWords account and having auto tagging switched on. Heres how to to this:
http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1704341

If you go ahead with this, tag your URL with your lead source number and for the AdWords part of the tagging leave auto tagging on...

This gives you a lot more data than your tagging would give.

If you still want to go ahead with your tagging, you need to append leadsource=10194 to the end of your URL like this:
?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=android&utm_campaign=US_Branded_Display&leadsource=10194
Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!