AdWords
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

I need to ad a lead source to my URL string, how and where do I place it?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am using manuel tracking codes to deliver information to GA. We would like to run a leadsource code along with the URL. which is: ?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=android&utm_campaign=US_Branded_Display, how & where would I add the new code?  leadsource=10194

Thanks

~allears

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Kim_Clink (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: I need to ad a lead source to my URL string, how and where do I place it?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Paul,

If you are doing this taggng just for GA, may I suggest simply linking your GA account to your AdWords account and having auto tagging switched on. Heres how to to this:
http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1704341

If you go ahead with this, tag your URL with your lead source number and for the AdWords part of the tagging leave auto tagging on...

This gives you a lot more data than your tagging would give.

If you still want to go ahead with your tagging, you need to append leadsource=10194 to the end of your URL like this:
?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=android&utm_campaign=US_Branded_Display&leadsource=10194
Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!