AdWords
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

I need help to understand a detail in search term report

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I'd like someone to help me understand this screenshot.

Screen Shot 2016-08-22 at 2.41.38 PM.png

All my keywords are phrase match.

Now correct me I am wrong: here 1499 people saw my ad just typing home decor and nothing else, right?

This number doesn't include phrase match queries but only exact matches, ergo only if users type home decor, is this right?

I ask this because I got so many impressions for this keyword exact match (with 0 CTR) and very, very few for other queries related to this keyword phrase match (but with a high CTR). 

If this is the case would you suggest me to add this keyword exact match as negative keyword and keep the same keyword as phrase match?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author HomeBA A
August 2016

Re: I need help to understand a detail in search term report

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi HomeBA,

Yeah, your interpretation is correct. So is the conclusion; I'd give that idea a definite chance. (Note that the scenario you depict is relatively rare and there were periods of time when Google did not support such savvy KW combinations.)

Best,
Lakatos

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author HomeBA A
August 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi HomeBA,

Yeah, your interpretation is correct. So is the conclusion; I'd give that idea a definite chance. (Note that the scenario you depict is relatively rare and there were periods of time when Google did not support such savvy KW combinations.)

Best,
Lakatos

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,
If you are using phrase match and don't want to trigger your ads for 'home decor' you have to add 'home decor' as negative keyword.Now your ads trigger for all search terms containing 'home decor' except home decor(exact match).

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
got it. thank you all.