AdWords
6.5K members online now
6.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

I'm unable to view the stats for ads within an Ad Group

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I know there must be a way to compare stats for different ads within the same Ad Group. Like most of you I have several Ad Groups and within most of these Ad Groups I have at least 2 separate ads so I can see which keywords work best. 

However, I'm not able to figure out how to manipulate an Ad Group so that I can view the stats for each ad at the same time.

I click on an Ad Group on the left, then underneath the ad that shows there's a notation View all 4 ads. I click on this thinking this is going to bring up the stats I'm looking for but all I get are the 4 ads and 3 columns: Ad, Status and Labels.

There MUST be a way to view each ad at the same time and have the impressions, clicks etc of each ad listed.

Can someone tell me where it is??

Thanks!

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Roberta427
September 2015

Re: I'm unable to view the stats for ads within an Ad Group

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Roberta427,

Please go to Ads tab & Select "Columns" >> "Customized Column" >> Now click Performance & Add Columns you want feel you need to measure performance such as click, impressions etc.

Then Click Conversions>> and Add columns you want to add.

Hit Apply!

Hope it will solve your problem if I understood your question correctly.

Thanks

Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Roberta427
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Roberta427,

Please go to Ads tab & Select "Columns" >> "Customized Column" >> Now click Performance & Add Columns you want feel you need to measure performance such as click, impressions etc.

Then Click Conversions>> and Add columns you want to add.

Hit Apply!

Hope it will solve your problem if I understood your question correctly.

Thanks

Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello Roberta427,

When you are in perticular adgroup view just click on "Columns" button (appears before search box) now by clicking customize columns you will get different matrix which you can use to compare. from those Add your 'Performance' matrix like Clicks, Impressions, CTR, CPC etc.and click apply. Now you will be able to view stats for each ads and compare accordingly.

Refer this: http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2454071

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Roberta427,

Welcome to the Community!

You are very correct, viewing ad stats is quite important and very accessible.

I'm not exactly sure where you're going wrong here nor am I exactly sure what you're looking for but I think there are 2 possible solutions.

To view all ads in a campaign, in the AdWords interface, click on the campaign on the left and then click the ADS tab in the middle.  The same process should work at the ad group level as well. 

Technically, clicking on the 'View other ads' link should open the ADS tab  and display all the ads for the particular ad group selected.

If the information you are looking for is not visible, you may also need to 'customize columns' to ensure proper display of the information you are looking for.  On the ADS tab just below the main set of tabs, click 'columns' > 'customize columns' and select the fields you would like to be displayed.

Will that work for you?  Please let us know how you do.

Good Luck!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you!! That's exactly what I wanted.

Smiley Happy

Thank you all for your help!