AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

I'm still using Urchin, and it works fine!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

In preparation of lots of "You must upgrade now!" messages I am firstly aware of how old and out of date Urchin is.

BUT, my site is built on a very old ecommerce solution and the ecommerce (conversion) tracking we have has some complex coding built in. The ecommerce tracking and transaction works beautifully.

Due to how our template works I run a Google Tag Manager code along the old Urchin code, so we now have remarketing sorted. Unfortunately the UA data layer has proved too difficult to integrate so far.

Anyway, my question is:

What features am I missing out on with Urchin (+remarketing tagged on) vs running Universal Analytics??

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: I'm still using Urchin, and it works fine!

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Chris
Wow, I haven't come across an Urchin user in a long time now. kudos for sticking with it.
There are, quite literally, too many differences to go through here. However, as you are smartly using GTM, why not simply use GA in tandem to see the differences for yourself? You'll get a much better idea of what you're missing if you can compare actual live data. In your position, I'd go that route.