AdWords
4K members online now
4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

I'm having trouble with a conversion tracking code.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The code has been posted on a page we want to track for conversions, however it doesn't appear to be working. In Google Analytics, the page doesn't appear as a goal URL under Conversions.

Can anyone help?

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: I'm having trouble with a conversion tracking code.

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Alphacrucius,

(step 1) I'm assuming that you have set up AdWords conversions and pasted the script on the thank you page or conversion page. Assuming you have done this you are a third of the way there.

(step 2) I am also assuming that you have set up analytics tracking which is another script you need to place on your website. If you are in the Analytics interface to the left side click on:

1. Traffic sources
  2. Advertising
  3. AdWords
  4. Campaign 

If both analytics script and AdWords script are placed correctly then you should see the goal completions along with other stats. If you want to view the destination URL's you will need to click on "destination URL" in Analytics under the AdWords section.

There is also a section in Analytics labeled "Conversions" on the left side. If you click on this you will also see a section called "Goal URL" - unless you set these goal URL's on your own. You will not see any data in this section

Goal URLS in Analytics

If this doesn't fix the problem it may be an issue with a plugin on the site. In that case call the AdWords and tell them the issue they are usually extremely helpful with this sort of stuff.

I hope this helps!

Best,

Stefan T. Martinez

Best,

Stefan Martinez
-- Not an AdWords expert, just a student eager to learn more...
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author alphacrucis
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi alphacricis,

Stefan is correct. Adding the AdWords conversion code to a page does not create an Analytics goal. Goals are very useful in tracking your sales funnel to see where people drop out of the process. That gives you the opportunity to tuen each step of the process.

But, I want to caution you against importing that goal to AdWords as a conversion when you already have the code in place. That will have the feect of recording your conversions twice and make it very difficult for you to analyse your results.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Stefan and Pete, you've both been very helpful. I think you've both nailed the problem and provided a solution! Smiley Happy