5.6K members online now
5.6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border
Highlighted

I have conversion tracking and smart goals enabled in adwords. Smart goals are not necessary?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have conversion tracking and smart goals enabled in adwords. Smart goals are not necessary? I get confused with real conversions and smart goals.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Maheeshi D
5d

I have conversion tracking and smart goals enabled in adwords. Smart goals are not necessary?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Smart goals exist for sites that don't have any conversion tracking happening. Smart goals are guesses at what the conversions would have been. They are not necessary in your case and will just confuse things and be potentially misleading and inaccurate.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yeah, disabled analytics smart goal.but do I have to remove adwords one too? the two accounts are linked btw

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

If you disable it in Analytics it will stop recording conversion in AdWords. Historical data will remain though, there's no way to remove it.

Experts in the Topic
RobSkelton