AdWords
5.8K members online now
5.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

I have a webdesigning website which has remarketing tag in all pages

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

what happens if my competitor comes to my website and get to find out my remarketing tag through "view page source" and paste it in his other entertainment websites which has tons of visitors.now what ever the remarketing list i have is not just my website visitors but also some other websites which are not relavant to my business
Is it possible to do like this if yes,How to overcome that?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: I have a webdesigning website which has remarketing tag in all pag

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Eshwar,

Welcome to adwords community Smiley Happy

If you are worrying about this you can hide your source code from others. To hide source code read this one - http://www.htmlgoodies.com/beyond/article.php/3875651/Web-Developer-Class-How-to-Hide-your-Source-Co...

Hope that helps,

Thanks,
Kaushik

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Eshwar,

It depends on how you've setup your remarketing list. If you've set it up to add folks who have visited a certain page(s), your competitor's pages wouldn't match. If you've set it up so visitors to any page get added to the list, your competitor's visitors would be added to your list.

My question is why would your competitor add his prospects to your remarketing list? He can't use that list.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee
That is a possibility but it very rarely happens and if you're really worried about it it's easy to filter based on URL.
Also it would be pretty silly for your competitor to let your retarget his customers.