AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

I have 28 child accounts under 1 MCC.. how to add remarketing tags

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello! People

I have created 28 child accounts (for different categories) (Intentionally planned this, no multiple ad serving. All unique keywords pointing to single website from different accounts) under 1 MCC. I have 2 questions:

1. For AdWords conversion tracking code: I have setup cross conversion tracking under MCC (placing a single code) on our website. Is it the best way? Views?
  2. For Google AdWords Remarketing tags: I am thinking of using Google Tag Manager (again single code, powered by 28 codes from different AdWords accounts. Is this the best way or there are more better ways to do the same? Views?

Looking forward to hear from the 'Experts' Smiley Happy

Thanks!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: I have 28 child accounts under 1 MCC.. how to add remarketing tags

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Kamran,

Welcome to AdWords Community.

To me, you are already set for the most apt methods, so I won't be advising you something else Smiley Happy

All the best!

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC.
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Ratan!

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Hi Kamran,

Cross account conversion tracking is the best feature you can use to track conversions across accounts.

However, remarketing across accounts would be a bit complicated, as you'll have to generate a remarketing code from each account and paste it on the website (directly or through GTM). Doing so would create duplicate data, as there would be multiple remarketing tags fired when a user reaches the landing page.

In principle, one business - one account is what I'd follow. I'd suggest considering a single account approach to make things simpler and more effective.

Good luck,
Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar