AdWords
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

I have 2 Adwords campaigns that have separate URLs. Can I link these campaigns to separate analytics

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am running ads for two websites on one Adwords account (the websites are for the same company.) Can I have these separate campaigns report to separate analytics?

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Brock D
November 2016

I have 2 Adwords campaigns that have separate URLs. Can I link these campaigns to separate analytics

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

No, because Google Analytics linking is done at the account level.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

But you can link more than one GA account - thus you can have different GA accounts reporting for each website.

The only (small) downside is that if you look under the AdWords tab in GA you will see clicks for all the AdWords accounts - including those that are going to the other page... but that is a minor inconvenience. You will only see sessions for the linked account because those are the only AdWords clicks that actually arrive to the site in question.

I have a client who is running six different businesses through a single AdWords account and each goes to a different website with its own independent GA account. We can also push back the GA goals as conversions and these report back into the campaigns that triggered the visits without a hitch.