AdWords
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

I can not use a conversion pixel in booking engine of hotel?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am working with a hotel website that uses an external booking engine and will not allow a tracking pixel to be placed on the booking engine. Are there any work arounds, tips to nevertheless tease out data, or any constructive ideas to circumvent this? Changing the bookiing engine (unfortunately out fo the question).

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author LAAX S
September 2015

Re: I can not use a conversion pixel in booking engine of hotel?

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

HI 

Unfortunately to track the conversions you need to have conversion pixel on thank you page after successful transaction. 

If your thank you page is hosted on a 3rd party server and you cant put a pixel there then next best thing is you can find out if after successful conversion is there any way that the 3rd party server (booking engine) will redirect user to a thank you page on your server where you can put your conversion pixel

Hope this helps

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author LAAX S
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

HI 

Unfortunately to track the conversions you need to have conversion pixel on thank you page after successful transaction. 

If your thank you page is hosted on a 3rd party server and you cant put a pixel there then next best thing is you can find out if after successful conversion is there any way that the 3rd party server (booking engine) will redirect user to a thank you page on your server where you can put your conversion pixel

Hope this helps

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks alot Nik. I think the linking back to our server is the only option unfortunately. Will look into this.