AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

I am using auto tagging in adwords and manual links in my emails.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Am I correct in my thinking:

If a user clicks on my ad (autotagging).... then procedes to sign up for my newsletter and clicks a link form within the email  (manual tagging) and purchases something (goal).

It is only tracked to the manual tagging in google analytics... i.e. No conversion for the ad in anaytics.

I would love to be able to say "email x caused a sale" ... but also "ad y created a sale"... is this possible.

Thanks

mab

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: I am using auto tagging in adwords and manual links in my emails.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello, and welcome to the Community.

Fortunately, the answer is yes, and it is called Google Analytics Multi Channel Funnels.

Here's the link describing the feature: http://www.google.com/analytics/features/multichannel-funnels.html

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello, and welcome to the Community.

Fortunately, the answer is yes, and it is called Google Analytics Multi Channel Funnels.

Here's the link describing the feature: http://www.google.com/analytics/features/multichannel-funnels.html

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Calin...Cat Happy