AdWords
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

I am unable to track the Adwords visits on GA

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

A week ago I have created a new account on my MCC and started a campaign for an Online Marketing Agency (Rage Communications india). To my surprise I was unable to see the Paid visits from the SourceSmiley Frustratedearch. Moreover, I have cross checked the GA tracking code on the webpage and also the traffic tracked for this page on GA.

GA shows the organic traffic to the landing page (http://www.rage-india.com/rage/contact/locateus.htm) but not the paid traffic though the Adwords Campaign report shows 20 clicks. Can anyone please help me identifying and fixing this issue?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Kim_Clink (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: I am unable to track the Adwords visits on GA

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Lakoos,

Welcome to the forum Smiley Happy

Have you correctly linked Adwords with the Analytics profile for which you want to see the paid traffic data?

Please make sure that the email address which you are using in Adwords and Analytics has the administrator rights for correct linkage.

Also check for auto tagging option under My account>>Preferences, which should be turned on to have correct data in Google Analytics.

Let us know if that helps!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Kim_Clink (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Lakoos,

Welcome to the forum Smiley Happy

Have you correctly linked Adwords with the Analytics profile for which you want to see the paid traffic data?

Please make sure that the email address which you are using in Adwords and Analytics has the administrator rights for correct linkage.

Also check for auto tagging option under My account>>Preferences, which should be turned on to have correct data in Google Analytics.

Let us know if that helps!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you Pankaj. I have done with this setting. Let me check if the analytics show some metrics be tomorrow. I shall update you once I see any numbers on GA. Thanks.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Pankaj. Its working... I am able to see visits on GA but it is categorised as source (Not Set). What does that mean?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hello,

Source (not set) means that Analytics was not able to link the visits to particular campaigns of your Adwords account. This happens when tagging is not proper. There might be few numbers with not set data, but if you are regularly getting the Adwords campaign visits as not set, then you might consider manual tagging for the your campaigns. See this for details.

Pankaj