AdWords
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Huge drop in impressions on display network

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I noticed that my impressions are down 90-95% between yesterday 11/18 and today 11/19. At the same time my CTR is up 10x+

Is there some kind of reporting issue with display network? Does it have anything to do with Google switching to view able impressions from total impressions? 

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
November 2015

Re: Huge drop in impressions on display network

Community Manager
# 20
Community Manager
I'm glad to hear everyone's traffic is back to normal! There was no update on our end regarding the issue I mentioned, so it may not have been related after all. But thank you all for updating here, and let me know if you see an issue like this again.

Cassie

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Eric, how are things?

Can you provide more details about your account? Did you change anything recently? Anyone else have access to your account? What kind of strategy segmentation are you using (keywords, managed placements, automatically placements, etc)

Black Friday is just around the corner, so a lot of unusual things may happen because some advertisers just enter really hard on Adwords at this time of year.

Didn't quite get this part: "Does it have anything to do with Google switching to view able impressions from total impressions? "

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Eric
We're noticing this across all accounts too. It's almost certainly down to the switch.
This is a REALLY good thing unless your performance was based on impressions but if that's the case, the picture is more real now.

Not sure about you, but I see this as possibly one of the greatest changes in AdWords in the past 4 years. A huge step forward.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
I am using conversion optimization with CPA target.
No one has access to the account.

Yesterday http://screencloud.net/v/NY3
Today http://screencloud.net/v/Brn1

I understand that impressions might drop because of black friday but my CTR is up by huge %.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Dave,

It is probably a good thing but if the difference in stats is due to switch i wish Google was more clear about changes in reporting and also gave option of viewing the total impressions next to viewable impressions in order to better compare CTR etc between last week and this.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
I added viewable columns.
This is even more strange now http://screencloud.net/v/gr0W

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

To my understanding, if I recall the blog post from about 3 months ago (can't find it now), only CPM campaigns should be affected and not  CPC...

@Dave_Davis?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
Yes, this is CPM only. I can't find the post either and I was only reading it yesterday Smiley Sad

Community Manager
# 10
Community Manager
Hi all,

Just wanted to add that the engineers are currently investigating some cases in which Display Network traffic as reduced or stopped serving, and these cases may very well fall into that issue. I'll post here with an update once we have it!

Cassie