AdWords
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Huge drop down in Impressions from mail.google.com

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

There is a huge drop down of impressions on gmail.google.com , Is there any reason why any ads are not shown?

Numbers are going down since Monday. We were actually checking through our emails to understand whats happening. Most of the times we use to see ads but now web clip is shown on gmail accounts.

It would be good if we can understand whats actually is going wrong.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Huge drop down in Impressions from mail.google.com

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Akshay,

There is a possibility that users who were seeing your ads on their Gmail accounts might have blocked it because of one reason or another. 

Also look at the change history report and see if you made some changes to your Display Network campaign which might have resulted in lowering down of the impressions on Gmail.com. May be you selected particular topics or other settings which resulted in more specific user targeting as compared to the previous results when you were witnessing more impressions.

Just some of my thoughts!

Pankaj

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hi Akshay,

I had seen a similar phenomenon in one of my European accounts. I had written to our Google rep and they had replied to me saying that, the inventory on mail.google.com is going to go down eventually due to the introduction of Google Sponsored Promotions.

While this was only happening with the North America & European markets ( around the end of 2013 & early 2014), we were informed that slowly as GSP goes global, the inventory is bound to shift to GSP sooner or later.

At the moment, running a GSP campaign in India can only done through a Singapore or US billing, a fact that has not stopped Indian agencies from exploiting to get a head start in the market.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Shashank,|

Thanks for your valuable input.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Pankaj