AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Huge difference between Analytics and Adwords Data.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

for example, Adwords said that i got 400 clicks (and i paid for those of course) and analytics said that i only had 200 visits!

also, the conversions from Adwords are 40, and analytics (i have Ecommerce Tracking) only shows one Transaction from Google/CPC,. and 60 in total! 

i am really convinced that the codes are placed correctly because i have both Adwords and Analytics code in the same check out page! And the Analytics Ecommerce Tracking is synchronized with my store data.

so, i don't understand how:

• Adwords shows me more visits or traffic than Analytics.
  • Adwords shows more conversions than Analytics Conversions (Source: Google/CPC).

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Huge difference between Analytics and Adwords Data.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

First of all please note that Adwords count clicks and Analytics count visits and there is a big difference between the both (clicks and visits). For example if someone clicks an ad and doesn't reach the website, it is considered only a click in Adwords and not a visit in Analytics.

Read more the differences here: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1257084?hl=en

Adwords conversion tracking, ecommerce tracking and analytics goals are calculated using different parameters. I would encourage you to read the below article for better understanding on how they actually work:

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2679221?hl=en

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

thanks for the articles!!

however in the case of conversions it isn't clear yet!   Adwords track 30 conversions and Analytics tracks 40 USD in revenue from Google CPC. (which can only means two  average items bought!) my cheapest product is 9 USD!!!  

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi rafa m,

AdWords and Analytics attribute conversions differently. AdWords will claim the conversion if it happens within the 30 cookie life. Analytics will attribute the conversion to the last non-direct source.

Look at the multi channel sales funnel report for help reconciling the differences.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords