AdWords
5K members online now
5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Huge decline in traffic

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there, 

I've had Google Adwords since 2010. It peaked around 2013 and plateaued there till about November 2014. I don't know if I tweaked or changed something in my ad, but since then I've had a massive decline in impressions and clicks. For instance, April last year I had 685 clicks, this April only 295. Is there a way to look back to see what my ad was back then, what keywords I was using, what I was paying for each click, what campaign type, and subcampaign settings were, etc? I really want to get back to those numbers... my business is suffering! Help!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Huge decline in traffic

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Good afternoon.

If you go to the Tools menu in your account, you should see a "Change History" option. It may and/or may not go back far enough in the past to show you all of the edits you've made since last year, but it's certainly worth a try.

As an alternative, you can run reports for keywords or ads, month-by-month, for the last year. That will show you what ad messaging was active and how each of the ads performed.

I would add that waiting a year to decide to make edits to improve performance is--not ideal. The competitive landscape has likely changed significantly since last year. You might be better off not trying to revert to a previous ad message or keyword but, instead, come up with new ideas to try.

Just my $0.02.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Re: Huge decline in traffic

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I presume these are gradual movements downward? My guess is that it is due to increasing competition and rising CPCs. So it is likely that what you were paying back in 2013 is not sufficient today. Anyway, we can get a better idea if you share your URL here.