AdWords
6.7K members online now
6.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Huge Mismatch in Adwords and Analytics

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I am getting around 150 clicks a day from one of my adwords campaign, and i created funnel in Analytics

But the analytics funnel shows only 50 visits in a week from the campaign, where i am getting almost 150 in a day.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Huge Mismatch in Adwords and Analytics

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi Vineet,

Analytics and AdWords will never match exactly, (Data discrepancies between AdWords and Analytics and The difference between AdWords Clicks, and Sessions, Users, Entrances, Pageviews, and Unique Pagevie...), but that being said, your discrepancy sounds extreme.

How are you tracking your AdWords Visits/Clicks in Analytics?  Are you using Auto Tagging, or Manual Tagging?  To accurately track AdWords inside of Analytics, you'll want to make sure that you have consistently tagged all of your AdWords Destination URLs with Google Analytics Tracking URLs.

I also suggest you link your AdWords and Analytics Accounts.

Finally, another thing to check is to make sure your Google Analytics Tracking Code is on all the pages on your website.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello brian,

I have already linked my both adwords and analytic accounts.
Using auto tagging
Analytic code is present on all of the webpages

By the way who chosen above post as solution, because my problem still remains.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Top Contributor Alumni
# 5
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi Vineet,

@mvarga brought up a good point - are you only seeing a discrepancy in your statistics when looking at your AdWords data inside of a funnel? or are you seeing discrepancies across the board when viewing AdWords data in Analytics?

If you're seeing the discrepancy only inside of your funnel, it could be because a "Required 1 Step."  When you require a 1st Step, if users don't complete that first step, they'll be dropped from the report.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Brian,

First, in my funnel there are very few number at first step and on second and third is even less.

Second, when i see my campaign stats at Acquisition > Adwords > Campaign i see 1800 clicks
When i check landing page visits on that page it is hardly 150 only.

That page is only accessible through ppc campaign only.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@VineetWaldia 

I am also facing the same problem.

My adword and analytics account linked to each other. Adword accoount show me 1642 clicks and analytics present only 127.

I ask to Google support team they have also not answer so they ask me to contact again with 24hr.

Regards,

Sandeep

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Vkore, any suggestions?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Vineet W
September 2015

Top Contributor Alumni
# 9
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi Vineet,
Is the issue that you're AdWords data isn't going into Analytics, or that your Funnel data inside of Analytics isn't matching your AdWords statistics?

"...campaign stats at Acquisition > Adwords > Campaign i see 1800...." -- does that match your AdWords data for the same time period?

Also, in regards to your Landing Page only showing 150, are you sure that this is the only page that you're driving traffic to?  It seems odd that Analytics would have AdWords statistics correct in some places and wrong in others.  Try the following:

1.  Log into Analytics

2.  Click on Acquistion

3.  Click on All Traffic

4.  Click on google/cpc

5.  Under Secondary Dimension, select Landing Page - this should tell you if your traffic is landing at a different page other than the one with 150.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks for your reply

now this has created some more issues.

in analytics it shows traffic going to page
www.example.com/services/abc.html (this we were using as landing page around a month ago)

But now we are using and check the adwords campaign that landing page on ads is
www.example.com/offers/abc.html

How this could happen?