AdWords
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Howcome it tells me conversion tracking is NOT setup?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

See this screenshot: how is it possible that I cannot "Focus on conversions (Conversion Optimizer)" because "conversion tracking isn't set up" but the same time I CAN select "Use my conversion tracking data and bids to optimize for conversions"?

It doesn't make sense, does it?

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Howcome it tells me conversion tracking is NOT setup?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi EddieB,

The Conversion Optimizer requires a bit of historical data to work, Enhanced CPC does not. Have you recorded any conversions?

Here are the requirements for using the Conversion Optimizer (from About Conversion Optimizer :

You'll need to meet the following requirements in order to begin using the Conversion Optimizer:

• Your campaign uses AdWords Conversion Tracking or is importing data from Google Analytics.
  • The campaign has received at least 15 conversions in the last 30 days. This conversion history enables the system to make accurate predictions about your future conversion rate. So, the more data we have, the more accurate we can be.
  • The campaign must have been receiving conversions at a similar rate for at least a few days.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords