AdWords
6.4K members online now
6.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

How to view only search terms typed in the last 3-4 hours ?

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

I want to constantly improve my negative keyword list , but at 100 clicks every day or more, i would need a report to show me only new typed expressions (search terms/ search queries )  that lead to my keywords, not all of them. The only segmentation i found so far is to show all keywords in one day.

Thank you

Adrian B.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to view only search terms typed in the last 3-4 hours ?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Adrian B;

Interesting question...

The last time I checked that, I found that:

AdWords data was fully updated for reports every 24hrs. (The browser UI was fully updated every 3-4 hours). Hence, the search query report (SQR) is available per day;

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
Or my purpose would be reached if at least i could find a report that shows search terms and the hour they were used . This way i can search for negative keywords at let's say h14 for the morning 50 searches and at 19:00 for the evening 50 searches , but i cannot find a setting in reports that can show hours on a column and search terms on another column. The goal is to avoid having people search for same irrelevant phrases in the afternoon and morning , which happens a lot.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I do not think the segmentation you are looking for is available;

I found the following on the help center:

>>"Keep in mind that you’ll only see search terms that were used by people at least 24 hours ago and have either received clicks in the past 30 days or were searched for by a significant number of people. Any search terms that did not meet this criteria will be summed up in the 'Other search terms' row"

http://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2472708?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank your for the answer, but i think i am missunderstood.

I am talking about the serch terms that were actually used in my own campaign, not the serch terms in the "keywords suggestion tool". I can see almost every 2 hours changes in the search terms in analytics reports. For example at 12:00 i can see in adwords that i received 50 clicks. I than go to analytics to view what search terms lead to those 50 clicks today.  As i look at the 0 seconds visits I try to figure out what expressions were used by potential clients contain any negative words ( Ex: CHEAP car parts" and i eliminate "cheap" by moving it to the negative word list. Than at 18:00 hours i take a new look at the clicks on my web sites and now i can see 100 clicks on 100 diferent expressions , at this point i would like to look only at the expressions between 12:00 and 18:00 not at all of them. There is a timeline report in analytics but on the second column i cannot chose to display the search terms, only the keywords triggered.

There is no such thing as a 24 hours delay because i can refresh my "search terms " list which contains actual clicks in that day  , ever 1-2 hours and it gets bigger every time.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Adrian B
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Adrain;

As answered: SQR is not available by breakdown per hour!

http://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2472708?hl=en;

EDIT: I don't agree that there is no delay in reporting. In many of my reporting I get to see during the day: "other search terms" - meaning the report is not updated.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Ok. I hope they improve this aspect in later versions.

The adwords help page could be improved by really enlarging the photos because at their large dimension, i cannot read anything, for example when the help says "5. Now you'll see data on which search terms triggered impressions and clicks. To download the data in a report, click the download button" it is really a bad print screen.

Thank you very much for your attention and kind guidance.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

I found the solution in Google Analytics : Traffic Sources / Advertising / Adwords / Day parts and for the "Secondary dimension" value i selected "Matched Search Query" and than I selected a timeframe of "Today".

I saved a shortcut to this report and as I check-back on this report-shortcut every 4-5 hours, it gets updated with the "matched search query" of what people typed in the search engine for the last 4-5 hours. The update is more frequent than 24 hours.