AdWords
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

How to use analyze keywords for "automatic matching" result?

JF
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
JF
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I was looking at the hours of day, in google analytics, and added a secondary dimension of keywords to check was was the keywords used for the primary hours.
But the no keyword was given for this critical hour - just (automatic matching).

How do I find what keywords are being used during this hour? 

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to use analyze keywords for "automatic matching" res

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

Not sure how you are implementing this. But if you go to AdWords>> Keywords and pull that report. Now here, use the secondary dimension as Hour of the day to check for which particular keyword was clicked during particular hour of the day, that should serve the purpose you are looking for.

As far as automatic matching is concerned, that's the search terms which AdWords system would automatically match during the ad auction based in your keywords that you have implemented.

My Thoughts!

Pankaj

Re: How to use analyze keywords for "automatic matching" res

[ Edited ]
JF
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
JF
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Pankaj, Thanks for the response... I tried it this way too, but the results came out weird, so I switched... When I start with Keywords, I show about 54 clicks (for a few days) spread over about 10 keywords. When I add Hour as a Second Dimension, the Hour of Day shows up, but all the clicks show as 0. So....useless... When I start with Hour of Day, no clicks show up , but 165 Sessions show up. Most of them for 12 (i.e. noon). When I add Keywords as a Second Dimension, the keywords show up, but many of them are (automatic matching). Especially for the Hour 12, which I am really interested in....(naturally...☺) John F <edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

NOTE: This post has been edited by a Community Manager - per Community Posting Guidelines - in order to remove contact information which was most likely due to an email or mobile footer. Please be sure to remove this information in future replies.