AdWords
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

How to use Automated Rules?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Everyone,

I set one of my campaign budget to be Rs.5000 & I don't want it to exceed more than 5k. Till now it has achieved something around Rs. 4350 & I couldn't monitor it all the time, so I was searching for ALERTs in adwords but came to know that it has been totally removed & in place came AUTOMATED RULES which i found pretty interesting.

So just now, I created one automated rule for the above campaign wherein i selected -> Pause ads when -> Cost > Rs.5000 > Frequency > One Time > Sep, 30 > 12 AM > using data from previous day > Email results > only if there are any changes or errors.

I didn't understand little bit about that "using data from previous day" line but I hope I've created correct automated rules.

Please let me know if there is any mistake.

Thanks.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to use Automated Rules?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi hyderali,

I would say that make sure to perform the preview before setting up the rule because that way you can prevent setting up something wrong for your account.

I didn't understand little bit about that "using data from previous day" line but I hope I've created correct automated rules.

It's the way how Google would actually consider the performance of your data based on the previous day as you have selected.

You can read more about the rules in this reference.

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes Pankaj,

I checked the preview report before running this rule & it says nothing can be change if you ran your rule now.

Can you tell me whether my rule is correct or not?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I am not sure why do you want to pause the ads here. But if I would be there in this situation, I would look at how much my daily budget is and how much is actually left which I can use for rest of the days (Sept. 29 and Sept. 30). Based on that, I would tweak the daily budget (if required) and set up the rule to pause the campaign once the budget reaches the limit.

That's probably one idea I could think of. There might be others as well.

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes, I want to pause the campaign only but I don't find "how to pause campaign" in the rules.

Please let me know.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I changed it from "Pause the ad" to "Pause the ad groups" when I reach the budget of Rs. 5000. Let me know if this is correct.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hello again,

Read this reference under the heading Controlling budgets and cost. That should help you set up the rule.

Pankaj