AdWords
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

How to track sales when I don't have access to the 'thankyou' page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have a question about conversion tracking: I would like to track sales so that I can see which ads or even which keywords are resulting in sales but I don't have access to the 'thankyou' page that the customer sees once the sale is complete.

The URL of the page that the customer sees when a sale is complete looks something like this:

https://mydomain.merchantdomain/account/finaliseOrder/230246

The number at the end of the URL will change for every sale. I would like to be able to copy and paste the Adwords tracking code into a page that every customer sees once their purchase is complete, but I can't do that.

Is there a way I can still track sales?

Thanks in advance.

Michael

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to track sales when I don't have access to the 'thankyou' page

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Michael,

On which platform your website has been created as there are various methods to track conversions for dynamic pages on different platforms.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Archit,

Thanks for your reply, my website is on WordPress.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
For woo-commerce, you can place the tracking code within checkout script.

Regards
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
But the 'thankyou' page is not on my website, it is on the website of the
merchant whose products I am selling. Thanks.

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

You can get help from a developer as there are plugins available in wordpress to track or wait for an expert regarding the same.

Regards

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi Michael,

An alternative option may be tracking Smart Goals within GA. The below link will land you on an article by @pankaj1782 on this subject matter:

***   Can't track Conversions, you now have Smart Goals to measure   ***

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Articles/Can-t-track-Conversions-you-now-have-Smart-Goals-...

However, in case what you are doing is affiliate marketing there is no way for you to track either conversions or smart goals, unless the merchant or the affiliate network provides you with one. But that is beyond the scope of this online forum.

Best,

Lakatos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks, Lakatos, will read article

Rising Star
# 9
Rising Star
It is down to the merchant whose products you are selling to provide the ability to add conversion tracking or Analytics code to your order pages.

You cannot do it without their participation. If they don't offer it, you can't track conversions in AdWords.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
You can't track it if you haven't access to "thankyou page".