AdWords
1.4K members online now
1.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

How to track multiple conversions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a complex website. I am trying to set up tracking for 4 different actions. I have multiple products, about 10 each with the same actions available i.e. Demo download, form submission, purchase. I want to be able to track what ad's are leading to each of the specific conversions. To do this do I need to create 40 different conversion codes? Or would one code make it so I can track these actions because of the Ad they are attached to and the conversion is attributed to the ad? 

Thanks for your help. Hopefully I hear back soon. 

Thanks, 

Jon W. 

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Xactware M
September 2015

Re: How to track multiple conversions

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Xactare,

You should create one tracking code for each one of your actions. So in this case, you'll have:

1 code for Demo
1 code for Forms
1 code for Purchase
1 code for the remaining action Smiley Happy

This way you will know each action generated the conversion.

Although, Adwords is not the best place to extract information about different kinds of conversions in my opinion. I'd recommend for you to do this by using GOALS inside Google Analytics. You can take a look here:
https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1032415?hl=en

Hope this helps.

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Leandrofm,

I have similar problem and I've decided to use GA goals for the conversion tracking. However it is not clear for me how AdWords is going to establish connection between goals and campaigns. My question is: should I check/add some setting/parameters for each campaign, or this is just magic and everything would be done automatically by AdWords?

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hey Vlad, how are things?

I like the magic part, but that's not the case, unfortunately X)

The most recommended solution for this is to link Adwords with GA. That way your GA will automatically know if your conversions came from Adwords without any efforts from you. You can do that here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704341?hl=en

Hope this helps.

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi @leandrofm,
Thank you for the answer! My GA and AdWords accounts had been linked a while ago. So everything should work
Cheers!