AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

How to track conversion on multiple domains?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi everyone,

I'm actually managing 4 campaigns for 4 websites for one client (so one account).

Basically Website A is a portal where you can link to B, C and D.

Each campaigns goes to one website. The A campaigns is more global, B, C and D campaigns are more specific. Each campaigns links to each website.

i have a problem on cross tracking domain : 

- If someone clicks on an ad and land on website A, i don't have conversion problem. But if, once on website A, he clicks on one of the other website and then goes there, i loose him : he's not flagged anymore as PPC, but "Referal website A". 

So, i'm wondering how to do, to track, as i have a lot of people that are coming from website A to go to B, C or D. Maybe my A campaign is working well but i don't see the results as they transform on B, C or Dwith Referal A.

I hope you could understand me...

Thank you for your help and have a nice sunday!

Re: How to track conversion on multiple domains?

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

HI Okay that sounds fun Smiley Happy

• If you have adwords conversion codes on all websites on relevant pages then there shouldd not be any problem as adwords conversion code has nothing to do with domain
  • Now from what i am guessing you also want to track your traffic with analytics in which case you will need to use analytics cross domain tracking.
  • If these links are just simple href links then i would suggest you should use _link method in GA

Hope this helps

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thank you Nikkhil,

Sorry for not having answered earlier, i dodn't received notification of a reply.

You are totally right, we will put the conversion tracker on each website. Can you confirm that there is no issue of having two AdWords Conversion trackers on a same page?

i will also make the cross-domain tracking, as i love havong stats from adwords & analytics.

Have a nice day!

Top Contributor Alumni
# 4
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi

I can confirm that there wont be any issue in cross domain tracking for adwords given page security level is not changing.

Do let me know how this goes for you

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hi i have the same problem here,

we use a third party reservation system for a travel website.

We don't have acces to this system code, obvious,

but they let us insert adwords code, and analytics.

The problems is that system is not tracking adwords conversion/transactions, but i can see details about campaign, money spend and so on.

I can see in analytics where this booking system is configured, only referer transactions.

So practicly the users are leaving the mydomain.com site and go for mybooknowdomain.com

What can i do?

Regards

settings.png