AdWords
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

How to track a Cost per Item sold

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi everyone,

I have a client where the metric to be followed is the cost per item sold. I know how to monitor a revenue, or a conversion, but as a conversion may include many items, it's not relevant. Regarding the tracking for the revenue, I will have only the revenue integrated, not the number of items.

Has anyone an idea how to get this measure, avoiding me to do a double work of going to GA, then optimise AdWords?

Thanks you all for your support.

have a great day, and don't forget the HOA today 

Re: How to track a Cost per Item sold

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi,

Did you you placed AdWords Conversion Tracking code on your Order Success (thankyou page) ?

Thanks,
Anand

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
I can, but I don't think it will help as it will track the number of conversions, and one conversion may include many items.

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi,

You have to update AdWords Conversion Tracking code on your checkout confirmation page.

You can implement Ecommerce Tracking on your website and import the conversion from Analytics then you can easily track Cost/item Sold.

Please find below the guidelines for both.

Ecommerce Tracking:-

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1009612?hl=en
https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1009612?hl=en

Import Analytics goals & transactions into AdWords Conversion Tracking

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1034306?hl=en

Thanks,
Anand

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks Anand.
I've checked on another account that is set up as described and I still don't see this metric available.
In fact, I'm not sure that we can have this metric on AdWords at all.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi,
Follow this step into analytics
Reporting>Conversions>Shopping Analysis>Product Performance
Choose Product SKUs tab and in segmentation Paid traffic (you can also modify segments as per you requirement) and as a secondary dimension "campaigns". This will show you which campaigns have cost you how much and how much it took to sold out you particular products.

Note: You need to enable ecommerce tracking first to find this report.

Thanks
Vivek

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thank you Vivek.

On Analytics it's quite simple to have the information and your process is correct.
But I don't have the information on Google AdWords.

Why I'd like to have it in AdWords?
To be able to integrate it on a report and to improve the optimization.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
In Adwords property there is some limitations, you cannot access all reports which you see on Analytics. If you run shopping campaigns then you will be able to find id wise sales performance report under dimension tab, such type of reports is not available for search and display.

Thanks
Vivek