AdWords
6.5K members online now
6.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

How to to retrieve google analytics data that you just deleted?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

We happened to delete google analytics data while we were trying to upgrade it to universal analytics. Kindly help me retrieve it.

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to to retrieve google analytics data that you just deleted?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi there.
Unfortunately, you cannot retrieve deleted views. This is why GA asks you twice if you are sure you want to do it.

This is a request I see countless times a week over on the GA forum https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!categories/analytics

Unfortunately, the answers I give have not changed.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Dave

PS; In future, it would be a really smart idea to have a backup view that you never touch, delete or add filters to so that this never happens again.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,
But it wasn't my fault. I was only trying to understand the universal analytics. Besides. it didn't ask me twice Smiley Sad
I would like Google to send me a back up at least. So unfortunate!
Isn't there a solution at all?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Unfortunately not. You can ask over on the GA forum to see if anyone has come up with a solution but Google don't keep view backups for free GA accounts.

I've done this myself so I feel your pain. If you have an AdWords rep, you can call him/her and see if there's anything they can do on their end but otherwise, I'm afraid there's nothing that can be done.