AdWords
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

How to test "Track calls to a phone number on a website"?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I've implemented the JS tags as outlined here.

How do I test to make sure that the google forwarding numbers are actually being shown when a visitor visits from an adwords click w/o having to click on my own ad to do this?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to test "Track calls to a phone number on a website"

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Taewoo,

Yes to check that forwarding number you have to go with live search, as Google forwarding is a unique number(not the original number) to every user reaching to your ads. then Google adwords route the call to your business phone number.

For your reference: How Google forwarding number works

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you.

1) I think I remember adwords asking me to setup call extension call tracking after I set this up. Did i read it wrong? If not, how do I "link" these two together?

2) For life of me, i can't get my own ad to show up on my own mobile phone. Is there a way to emulate this w/o having to click on my own ad? (I'm in a very expensive vertical)

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
using call extension and its tracking through Google forwarding no. are 2 different things.
you can use call extension with your own number also instead of Google forwarding number.

But for Google forwarding number you have to click the ad to check how the no. changes to a unique no. other than your business phone number

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I found a really nice solution on another site. Just put #google-wcc-debug at the end of your page URL and reload the page. Then you'll see a pop-up where you can force it to insert a fake phone number.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

@Richard G - thanks, very very very very helpful