AdWords
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

How to setup a conversion tracking for placements and keywords

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi, I started a campaign in the display network and I want to see from which keywords are the conversions coming and from which websites also. I set up a conversion tracking into my paypal thank you page, is that enough to see what I want? Is there anything else I need to setup in analytics or some tagging url? Some url path If so how?

Please advice.

Thank you in advance

Re: How to setup a conversion tracking for placements and keywords

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi there,

If you placed the conversion tracking code on your thank-you page, that should be all you need to see where your conversions are coming from.

I usually advise giving it 48hrs to allow for conversions to come in. If you're having trouble seeing the reporting come in, just let me know.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi, thank you. I have the tracking code on the thank you page. I see the conversions from which keywords are coming but not from which placement. How do I do that? I went to campaign/adgroup/display network/placements but I see 0 conversions on all of them. How can I see from which placement are coming the conversions? I am targeting keywords on the display network by the way, not placements. Txss

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
Hi there,

If you are using keywords for Display targeting, you should see the placements where your ads are showing appear as "automatic placements." Do you see that on your Display Network tab? You should see some conversion data there.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thats at the bottom of stats when I go to adgroup/display network/placements. Notice that it doesn't show that there is a conversion on the "all eligible placements". Nonetheless it shows that there IS a conversion on the others. Neither I can find from which placement is rhe conversion because when I scroll up an look up at all the placements there are only 0s

display netw.jpg

Community Manager
# 6
Community Manager
Hi Mincho,

The reason you're seeing a conversion in "all other data" and not attributed to a specific placement is because either that conversion came from a placement where you got very few impressions (and thus might not show as a reported automatic placement) or the data is new and it just hasn't populated yet.

Here's the full definition of what that "all other data" bucket is: Data from targeting types where your ads are getting very few impressions and clicks, and targeting that hasn't yet been listed individually in your table.