AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

How to separate CTR to ad headline from the CTR on extensions ?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

I noticed that for site link extensions with discounts the click numbers are high (in the segment window) , no matter what Ad is displayed with that sitelink in the ad group.

My problem now is that the CTR is only a metric displayed at the Ad level, I cannot extract how many clicks the site link extensions received from the clicks on the headline, so now the Ad CTR is influenced by other clicks.

How will I be able to dismiss low performing ads in this situation, is there any type of filter that I am missing ?

Or the reported CTR is already showed only by calculating clicks only on headlines ?

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Adrian B
September 2015

Re: How to separate CTR to ad headline from the CTR on extensions ?

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello Adrian,

I do not know if i totally understand right what you are asking.

But can this be a solution?:

Is it possible to do something with Tracking parameters? In the sitelink URLs, like:

www.mywebsite.com/contact?sitelink=contact
www.mywebsite.com/product231?sitelink=p231

And making a customized report with dimensions campaign, Ad group, Landing page, Ad Content in Google Analytics?
With a filter on Lading page that has "sitelink=" in the URL.

** I´am learning Adwords and find it very interesting.
** Ik ben Adwords aan het leren en vind het erg boeiend.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

@Adrian;

I might misunderstood your question, but isn't the statistics you are looking found  in the ad extension tab?

"Clicks: You'll see how many clicks your ad received when it was displayed with a particular extension type. This includes clicks on the ad headline as well as on the ad extensions" 

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454049?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
Unfortunately That is a global statistic for all ads in the ad group. It doesn't tell me how many clicks every ad headline has without clicks on sitelinks or other extensions.

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
In Analytics you can choose dimension Ad Content
** I´am learning Adwords and find it very interesting.
** Ik ben Adwords aan het leren en vind het erg boeiend.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Elja that should work. I don;t think that I even have to exclude the sitelink, only to find out how many "metric=visits" belong to an "ad content = ..." and "landing page = ...."

The Ads have unique IDs in the adwords interface, I thought I could use that ID to filder the ads because the ad content is only the first line and in some cases the first line is the same, only the lines 2 and 3 are different, but analytics doesn't seem to have a filter for the Ad ID.

The only drawback is that I have to make custom reports for every ad , from every ad group Smiley Happy but at least I have a solution.

dimension-ad-content.png